Chicago by Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newsletters

Go down

Newsletters Empty Newsletters

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Well here we are at the end of week one. Things are squarely in the crawl stage of crawl / walk / run.

In the Vampire Venue:

Most people have met the Prince have moved on to meeting their Primogen. You can feel free to start threads. Start threads in your clan boards to meet your Primogen or the other known NPCs as listed in your clan board. If you can't see your clan board, send an email in and your access will be fixed.

In the Changeling Venue:

Only a few people have started to venture into the venue, and that's ok. The first major thread is started: https://chicagobynight.rpg-board.net/t110-the-festival-of-greening. Don't be timid. Everything in Changeling is new for everything. Nothing is going to be a learning curve.

First mIRC games:

Right now there are 14 players signed up, and about 7 introduced characters. I am looking at doing the first vampire game on or about 14 April. That will give us about 7 more days to get the back stories, and give me time to read everyone’s background.

Metaplot?

I've been asked if there is a metaplot, there certainly is. Right now that meta-plots are based on the following:

Changeling: The Rebuilding of the Kingdom of Shattered Dreams

Vampire: Lodin currently needs a Sheriff, a Keeper, a Harpy and a Scourge

New Players...

Who is invited to come at play at Chicago by Night? Everyone. If they don't follow my TOS, I'll eventually just boot them from the site.

Anything else new?

Yes, starting this week, I'll be working on a companion website for the site, so eventually everything won't be buried in a forum.

What can the player do to help?

Recruit....recruit....recruit....

If anyone has any questions you can always email me at cjosephwalsh@gmail.com

Enjoy your weekend...and your roleplay

CJ
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://chicagobynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Newsletters Empty Re: Newsletters

Post  Admin Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 am

Well here we are, just over a month into Chicago by Night. Things are going good, a little slow for some people, but perfectly along the growth curve I had expected. I wanted to make sure we started slow, for if we started too fast we would have 500 plotlines running all over the place and that is the last thing that I wanted. I don’t mind player driven plot (ie the Jyhad against each other) but I want to tell each chapter of the story through conclusion.

General Notes:
One question I get asked is what is my turn time (ie how long will it take me to answer something?) Generally I try to log into the site every evening. With how my life goes, this is generally easy. I can see the site every evening and in about 2 weeks when the major drains on my time are over, it will be far easier. Emails, I get those on my phone so I generally try to at least read them when I get them so I can think about the answer.

Chat Games: Yes, I know the chat game schedule has been slow, but, there is a good reason for this, there are still a few more bits and pieces a few players are trying to do in the background to finish up some stuff. Once those bits are done, that will drive us back to the necessity to another chat game. Right now we are trying to lay the political frame work of the Vampire and Changeling games. Either way both chat games will be held in May because there will always be one of each monthly. They are on the calendar by the time you get this email.
Venue Notes:

On Changeling….

Everything is good, but three notes:

1) When you enter scenes, please be sure to indicate height, weight, eye color, hair color, and most importantly your Kith (important one) Changeling is a game of minute details. Especially since you might be a 9 foot blue troll with long braided black hair talking to a nine inch red salamander. Seriously. In the dreaming, you could really be talking to a salamander. These details are important, which leads me to point two…

2) The Changeling the Dreaming Boards….. All of those boards are in the Dreaming so people will only see your kith. They will not see what you look like in the mortal world. To show your mortal self, you have to venture into the World of Darkness Boards.

3) Have fun with it…. Yes the current setting is dreary, but you can have a lot of fun with what is going on. Don’t be afraid to explore the world or ask question.

On Vampire…
1) Three bells and all is well… I have nothing to say on this venue. We are looking pretty good.

As always, if anyone has any question, please let me know. I’m here for you.

v/r

CJ
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://chicagobynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum