Chicago by Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST))

2 posters

Go down

Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST)) Empty Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST))

Post  Rio Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:35 pm

On the evening of 7/22/2012, after getting word of strange things going on at the docks, Gino will go and see what he can find out."

Dressed in cargo shorts and a dark polo he heads out the that area looking into the warehouse that he is going to purchase at the docks.
Rio
Rio

Back to top Go down

Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST)) Empty Re: Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST))

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

You arrive on the docks of Chicago, and you find that its quiet. Too quiet. Normally when the workers should be busy working all over the docks moving stuff from one place to another, you find them all doing one task at a time.

When its time to do job A, all 20-30 of them move to job A. Then they move together to job B, C, etc. This is strange to you.

Also, where most dock workers may carry a small 2 AA cell maglite, everyone one of these guys seems to have a 4 D-cell maglite hanging from their belts. A few of the, strangely enough, have those miners helmets or headbands that cast a very bright LED light where ever they look.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://chicagobynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST)) Empty Re: Investigation of the Docks ((Attn: ST))

Post  Rio Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:00 am

Still watching the the actions of all the workers, Gino will focus on the boxes. Is there any writing on them? How big are they? Is there anything that stands out about these workers at all?

He will look for a spot to see as much as he can but stay out the way.
Rio
Rio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 am

It appears as if this is just the average nightly work that these workers have to do.

You can see in the middle of them is a customs worker perodically he checks a seal or asks that a carton be opened. A lot of the men grumble at that. It seems as if they want to spend as little time out here as possible.

You see boxes of Nikes, long i-bars of steel, Nissans and Toyotas, all manner of things.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rio Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm

((OOC CJ can I make a streetwise test to see why this does not seem right?))

Thinking to himself, "Smugglers?" he keeps listening and looking to see if there is a main trailer or something where maybe there is paper work.
Rio
Rio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:45 pm

OOC: Streetwise lets you know this is NOT criminal activity. Criminals would want more darkness and less light. These guys are deliberately working in plain sight and in as much light as possible.

As you look around, there are several offices lite by those dirty green lights from 25 years ago.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rio Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm

((OOC Mario has forgotten about the dirty green lights. What are they again?))

Looking for an office where there is a person in it, Gino will go to the door and knock.

"excuse me, I just a got a warehouse down here and I am a bit lost can you point me in the right direction?"
Rio
Rio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down